Register here to participate and indicate your preferred date(s) for the NXplorers workshop by 10 Jan 2020.
All participants are required to submit your entry by 13 Mar 2020. (Submission link to be advised soon).
The timeline for this competition is provided below for reference:
|Registration Deadline||10 January 2020 (Fri)||by 2359 hrs||Online|
(Choose 1 date)
3 February 2020 (Mon)
7 February2020 (Fri)
11 February 2020 (Tue)
13 February 2020 (Thu)
2pm to 6pm
Science Centre Singapore,
|Submission of Competition Entries with Supporting Material(s)||13 March 2020 (Fri)||by 2359 hrs||Online|
|Announcement of Top 10 (up to 12) Teams||23 March 2020 (Mon)||1200 hrs||Online|
|Learning Journey for Top 10 (up to 12) Teams||3 April 2020 (Fri)||2pm to 6pm||Various Locations|
|Pitching of Ideas||26 May 2020 (Tue)||2pm to 6pm||Shell Coporate Office|
|Workshop Sessions for Finalist Teams|
NXTools - 1 June 2020 (Mon)
2D/3D CAD - 2 June 2020 (Tue)
|2pm to 5pm||Science Centre Singapore, Digital Fabrication Space (Einstein Room on Level 2)|
|Nxplorer Finals||24 July 2020 (Fri)||2pm to 6pm||TBA|
Details of the Competition:
- Open to all Secondary School students studying in Singapore.
- Each team must consist of 3 to 5 students to participate.
- Each student can only be a member of one team.
- Interested applicants must successfully complete the online registration by 10 Jan 2020 (2359 hrs) for their projects to be considered in the entry of the competition. Late online registrations will not be entertained.
- Educators from Science Centre Singapore have prepared NXplorers workshops for registered teams, where students will be guided through the ideation process for the competition.
- This workshop is compulsory in order to enter into the competition. Please indicate your preferred date(s) during registration.
- Each team will require to submit a completed entry and any supporting documents (optional) by 13 Mar 2019 (2359 hrs). Late online submission will not be entertained.
- Only one project can be submitted per team. Students that submit more than one project may be disqualified from the competition.
- The announcement of shortlisted teams will be contacted through email by 23 Mar 2020 (2359 hrs).
- Shortlisted teams are required to go on a learning journey on 3 Apr 2020 (details to be advised later).
- Shortlisted teams will go through another round of selection. The selection round involves pitching their ideas on 26 May 2020.
- A workshop on the use of advanced NXTools and 2D/3D workshop will be conducted for the finalist teams. Funding will also be given for prototyping, turning their ideas into reality. Finalist teams will each present their completed prototype at the Challenge Finals for the judges to review. The winning teams will be presented attractive prizes.
|2020 Preliminary Judging Criteria||Weighting (%)|
|Evaluation of Quality of Proposed Solution||20|
|Novelty of Solution||35|