Youth STEM Empowerment Programme
YSEP is a mentoring programme that guides students to develop innovative products and solutions to solve real-life community problems using Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). The programme also equips the students with relevant design thinking, communication and STEM skills.
Click here to view our 2022 batch of students in action!
Types of Projects
YSEP aims to raise students’ awareness of the United Nations Sustainable development goals (SDGs) and the need for STEM to address these goals. The goals that we will be addressing in 2023 are:
In line with the selected SDGs, students will work in teams to empathise, ideate, and prototype a project relating to one of the following topics:
- Underserved communities in Singapore
- Empowering persons with disabilities
- Climate action
Calendar of Events (2023)
|RSVP For Teachers' Briefing||13 February|
|Teachers' Briefing||15 February|
|Deadline for Registration||31 March|
|Notification of acceptance||26 April|
|Students to accept programme commitment||3 May|
Programme Schedule (May be subject to changes)
|Community Showcase*||July to December 2023|
* Students will be invited to showcase their projects at various community locations (libraries and community centres). Details of these showcases are subject to SMMs and more details will be shared as the programme proceeds.
Awards and Certificate
All students who complete the programme will receive the following certificates:
- The QUESTA (Gold) award administered by Science Centre Singapore.
- The Youth Science Empowerment Programme certificate jointly administered by Science Centre Singapore and the programme sponsors.
For further enquiries, please contact:
Programme Coordinator at email@example.com
We would like to thank our sponsors (2022) for the programme