The Amgen Biotech Experience (ABE) is an innovative science education programme that introduces secondary and tertiary students to the excitement of scientific discovery. ABE provides secondary and tertiary teachers with the loan of research-grade equipment, supplies, curriculum and professional development.
For more information about the global initiative of the Amgen Biotech Experience, please visit www.amgenbiotechexperience.com
Learn more about Amgen Biotech Experience and how students in Singapore have benefited from the programme.
There are 6 labs involved for students to appreciate the genetic engineering process and its use in biotechnology and drug discovery.
Teacher Professional Development Workshop
The teacher workshops aim to empower the teachers to bring biotechnology into their classroom.
During the teachers’ workshop, teachers and lab officers will:
- Understand the ABE curriculum and resources available
- Learn how to implement the ABE programme in their school
- Conduct experiments involved in the ABE programme and learn how to teach the science concepts
- Learn how to use and maintain the equipment on loan from the Science Centre
- Learn how to prepare the materials required
Upcoming Teacher Workshops
There is no upcoming teacher workshop at the moment.
Please contact Ms Charissa Lin (Senior Manager, DNA Lab) at Charissa_lin@science.edu.sg to register your interest and we will update you when there is a workshop.
For more information about the Amgen Biotech Experience in Singapore, please click here.