Details of the competition:
- Open to all secondary school students studying in Singapore.
- Each team must consist of 2 to 5 students to participate.
- Each student can only be a member of one team.
- Interested applicants must successfully complete the online registration by 14 January 2019 for their projects to be considered in the entry of the competition. Late online registrations will not be entertained.
- Educator from Science Centre Singapore has prepared NXplorers workshop for registered teams, where students will be guided through the ideation process for the competition.
- This workshop is compulsory in order to enter into the competition. Please indicate your preferred date(s) during registration.
- Each team will require to submit a completed entry and any supporting documents (optional) by 27 February 2019. Late online submission will not be entertained.
- Only one project can be submitted per team. Students that submit more than one project may be disqualified from the competition.
- The announcement of shortlisted teams will be contacted through email by 7 March 2019.
- Shortlisted teams will go through another round of selection. The selection round involves pitching their ideas on the 25 March 2019.
- Finalist teams will be given funding to prototype and turn their ideas into reality. The final product will be competed and the winning teams will win themselves attractive prizes.
Register here to participate and do indicate your preferred date(s) for the NXplorers workshop by 14 January 2019
All participants are required to submit your entry here by 27 February 2019
The timeline for this competition is provided below for reference:
|Shell STEM Challenge 2019 - Nxplorers|
NXplorers Workshop (Choose 1 date)
23 January 2019 (Wed)
25 January 2019 (Fri)
30 January 2019 (Wed)
1 February 2019 (Fri)
8 February 2019 (Fri)
Science Centre Singapore
Pitching of Ideas
25 March 2019 (Mon)
Shell Corporate Office
| || |
14 January 2019 (Thur)
Submission of Deadline
27 February 2019 (Wed)
|2019 Preliminary Judging Criteria||Weighting (%)|
|Quality of solutions||20|
TBIC 2018 HIGHLIGHTS
Write-up about their Bright Idea by the Champion Team
Video - The Bright Ideas Challenge (TBIC) 2018 feat. Compassvale Secondary School
Article – Make the Future Festival London