We are thrilled to welcome you back to the Science Centre Singapore!
It has been a quiet few months and we have been missing the looks of wonder and sounds of laughter from guests discovering the world of science. We would like to thank all guests for their patience and support through these challenging times. We look forward to welcoming our cherished learners, thinkers and explorers back to where science comes alive.
While much around our lives has changed, the Centre’s commitment to you and your safety remains unchanged. During this time, we remain committed to prioritising the safety and well-being of all guests, staff and volunteers.
With this in mind, we have taken a number of new measures to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all our guests. Additional important information about our reopening and what to expect can be found below.
The Reopening of Science Centre Singapore and its group of attractions
- Science Centre Singapore and KidsSTOP™ will officially transit into a three-day week from Fridays to Sundays starting 31 July until further notice.
- Snow City Singapore will officially transit into a five-day week from Wednesdays to Sundays from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm starting 29 July until further notice.
- Science Centre Singapore, KidsSTOP™ and Snow City Singapore will close from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm for disinfection.
- Omni-Theatre will reopen with 2 showtime slots for the day at 11:30 am and 3:30 pm.
- Butterflies Up-Close Exhibition will reopen on 31 July 2020.
Suspension of Activities
- Science Shows & Live Demonstrations at the Science Centre Singapore are temporarily unavailable until further notice
- Some programmes, activities and exhibits may be temporarily closed to keep everyone safe.
- The Observatory will remain closed until further notice.
For full details, please refer here.
[Last Updated: 30 July 2020]
PLAN YOUR VISIT
PRE-BOOK YOUR TICKETS
All guests can purchase timed-entry tickets online in advance before visiting the Science Centre Singapore to ensure safe distancing and better crowd
As a token of appreciation for the continued support and timed session arrangement, we are offering a $5 Curiosity Shop voucher with every Science Centre Singapore adult ticket purchased and a $5 activity voucher with every KidsSTOP™ child ticket purchased.
New Operating Hours to the Science Centre Singapore and its group of attractions:
|Science Centre Singapore & KidsSTOP™|
|Session A ||10:00am - 1:00pm|
|Closed for Disinfection||1:00pm - 2:00pm|
|Session B ||2:00pm - 5:00pm|
Snow City Singapore
10:00am - 1:00pm
2:00pm - 5:00pm
|Closed for Disinfection:||1:00pm - 2:00pm|
|Admission Timings |
| 11:30 am||3:30 pm |
Our Ticketing Counters will remain closed during this period. Please purchase all tickets online.
GO GREEN WITH US
Download the Science Centre Singapore map and visitor guide straight to your mobile devices to minimise contact and waste. Have fun exploring!
- All guests are strongly advised to arrive on time and to visit the Science Centre Singapore, KidsSTOP™, Omni-Theatre, Butterflies Up-Close and Snow City Singapore within their selected time slot in view of controlled admission capacity.
- Have your timed-entry e-tickets or redemption vouchers ready for contactless scanning at the entrance.
- Check-in via SafeEntry. Guests can scan the SafeEntry QR Code at the entrance. You are strongly encouraged to download the TraceTogether App with the Bluetooth function on their mobile devices switched on.
- Please wear your mask at all times, except when eating and drinking.
- In line with safety regulations, water coolers will not be available to the public. Guests are encouraged to bring along their own water bottle.
- Keep a safe distance of at least 1-metre between each other.
- Maintain personal hygiene throughout your visit by frequently washing and sanitizing of hands while moving from one point to another. Hand sanitisers are available at key contact areas for your convenience.
- If you are feeling unwell, we encourage you to stay home and seek medical attention immediately.
- Food & Drinks are not allowed in Omni-Theatre and The Object Theatres in Climate Change, Future Makers and Urban Mutations.
Facilities Opening and Mandatory Safety Measures
Science Centre Singapore is SG Clean Certified. The safety and wellbeing of all our guests and staff in the Science Centre Singapore remain our top priority.
Here are the implemented enhanced preventive measures we put in place to ensure visiting the Science Centre Singapore is safe for everyone.
Clearly demarcated queue lines, signage and ground markers have been administered site-wide to ensure 1-metre spacing between guests.
- Mandatory Contact Tracing and Temperature Screening
All guests must have their temperatures screened and check-in and check-out via the SafeEntry system.
- Personal Hygiene Measures
Hand sanitisers will be made available at all key access points, and guests and staff are required to wear masks. Information signage and dedicated manpower will be deployed in various zones to enforce these measures.
- Daily Disinfection Protocol
To mitigate health risks, Science Centre Singapore, KidsSTOP™ and Snow City Singapore will be closed from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm to carry out thorough cleaning and disinfection.
- ERSTOTIZER / Self-disinfecting Coating
A long-term German-based disinfectant coating will be applied to high-touch points and surfaces such as push buttons, flip-covers and touch-screens, door handles and frames, turnstiles, staircase handrails, lift buttons etc. Erstotizer has been tested to be active against infections and can drastically reduce viruses, bacteria and microbes on surfaces coated with it.
For more information, visit https://sgclean.gov.sg
Meanwhile, do continue to take precautions, look out for one another, and seek help from our staff and volunteers when necessary. Look out for further updates on our digital platforms including Facebook and Instagram.
Working together, we can be confident in building bright moments of wonder once again!
#StaySafe #StayCurious #SGUnited