16 and 17 March 2020
CRADL∑ Lab, Science Centre Singapore
Welcome to the Centre for Research and Applied Learning in Science's third S.M.A.R.T Camp on Robotic Vehicles!
In this two-day camp, we will explore actuators, electronics and computer algorithms that make robotic vehicles. We will assemble three different models of robotic vehicles from scratch, and program it to function using Arduino programming language.
The three different models include:
- Bluetooth Robotic Vehicle;
- Line Tracking Robotic Vehicle; and
- ISM Radio-Controlled Robotic Vehicle.
This camp is open to both students and the public of ages 13 and above, or with mathematics and science knowledge equivalent to at least Secondary 2 level. At the end of the course, participants will receive a certificate of completion.
(In special cases, e.g. if a student barely misses the minimum age requirement, we may consider a waiver - please contact us.)
CRADLE S.M.A.R.T. Camp – Robotic Vehicles
The camp provides a hands-on introduction to the basic technologies used in robotics:
- Programming the Microcontroller to provide basic functions such as to control the actuators (i.e. simple motions).
- Electromechanical actuators (such as Servo, DC motors and Motor drivers).
- Electronics needed to drive actuators.
- Program a Graphical User Interface (GUI) for an android device.
- Use the GUI to control a self-assembled Robotic Vehicle via Bluetooth Communications.
- Introduction to Infrared Sensors.
- Program and control a self-assembled Robotic Vehicle to track and follow black lines using Infrared sensors.
- Introduction to Radio Communication module and how it can be programmed to send and receive messages.
- Incorporating the joystick to sent instructions over the radio communication module.
- Setting up a Wifi camera for visual feedback of the vehicle.
- Program and control the Robotic Vehicle using the joystick and radio module.
- Computational and systems thinking will be required to assemble and program the final prototype from its constituent components.
Lunch is provided on both days.
|$200/pax||Student of a Singaporean school (subsidized rate)|
To register, please click here
For enquiries, kindly contact Mr Li Zhen at Li_Zhen@science.edu.sg