Pre-registration is required for all Cafés.
Whether you are a Science Centre member or a non-member, reservation is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis because of limited seating, and, catering (if available, usually requires 3-day advanced booking).
The organisers reserve the right to reject reservation requests and/or deny (non-pre-registered) "walk-ins" because of the above and other ad hoc constraints.
Café attendance is usually complimentary.
However, admission charges into the Science Centre may be applicable depending on:
- whether you are a Science Centre member
- whether the Café happens during a peak or non-peak period
- whether Café sponsor(s) stipulate various conditions
For ALL Science Centre members:
- Please provide your membership Link ID number when pre-registering
- Please bring your membership card with you to the Café
- Please note the limits of the privileges accorded your membership type
- Sorry! The following are NOT applicable or recognised for Café events
- Group Discounts
- Guests of members - depending on your membership privileges, admission charges may be applicable for your guests
For non-members of the Science Centre or visitors who are not Singapore citizens or Singapore permanent residents, regular admission charges are usually applicable for Café attendance.
- Please view our Admission Charges webpage for more information.
- We encourage you to sign up for a suitable membership and enjoy the many interesting Cafés over the year and other privileges that your membership may include.
Afternoon Cafés usually target Institutional & Associate Memberships (ie schools & students), but all other visitors are of course also most welcome.
Regular admission charges are applicable for ALL visitors who are not Science Centre members and/or not Singapore citizens or not Singapore Permanent Residents.
Depending on the event (sponsors), additional "special event" charges may also be applicable.
Please check for more information in the Café Announcements and/or in the current Café Calendar by clicking on the year at the top of this page.
Please register as early as possible because catering and "elbow room" are important considerations for a conducive learning experience for everyone.
Although we greatly appreciate your interest and loathe to have to turn you away, we advise that you do not "walk in" in order to help us in our catering, in our limited-seating venue and security planning.
If confirmation is not given within 2 (working) days, please try again.
An e-mail reminder will usually be sent to all pre-registrants the day before the Café – with details of venue, etc.
Registration is usually closed 2 (working) days before each Café.
You are welcome to write in to inquire (after the deadline) as seats may still be available.
All Cafés are held within the Science Centre complex.