Show Us Your Science – Passion & Knowledge Exchange Event
- Show Us Your Science events are not lectures or demonstrations. They are simply opportunities to talk with enthusiastic people who are impassioned by their interest in science, in the non-formal environment of our exhibition gallery.
- Attending a Show Us Your Science event is on a first-come, first-served basis. No "reservation" or "pre-registration" is required. Please check if Science Centre admission charges apply.
- An announcement of an upcoming session is usually made a week before the date.
- If a "programme of activities" is included (in the announcement), it usually outlines a list of short activities to illustrate the presenter's research, interests, etc. The entire programme (of working through the list of activities) usually does not last more than 30 minutes. These activities are then cyclically, repeatedly offered to visitors throughout the usual 2-hour session. This means that you may join the programme or leave it at any time during the 2 hours. The same applies when no programme of activities is provided.
- Children must always be accompanied by their parents/guardians throughout their attendance of any session, regardless of whether they participate in the programme's activities or their length of stay.
|Dates ||International Dates and Weeks ||Proposed activities |
|January ||21 Jan-3 Feb ||The Week of Sound ||Hands-on Activities and Presentation |
|February||11 Feb||International Day for Women and Girls in science ||Plant Biologists, International Year of Plant Health |
|March ||22 Mar||World Water Day ||Chemistry and Conservation |
|March ||23 Mar||World Meteorological day ||Weather/climate |
|May ||11 May ||World Migratory Bird day ||light paths to SG, Paper/hands-on |
|June ||5 Jun||World Environment Day ||Hands-on Activities |
|June ||7 Jun||World Food Safety Day ||Presentation/Activities |
|August ||25 - 30 Aug ||World Water Week ||Chemistry and Conservation |
|September ||16 Sep||International Day for the preservation of the Ozone layer ||Presentation and Activities |
|October ||1 Oct||International Day For older Persons ||Activities |
|November ||14 Nov||World Diabetes Day ||Talk/SUYS |
|November ||19 Nov||World Toilet Day ||Talk/SUYS |
|December ||5 Dec||World Soil Day ||Automation/Agriculture |
If you are interested in "Show Us Your Science!"
The DIY Lab of the exhibition is available to scientists, specialists, students of various levels, and the public to showcase your science and/or technology projects, or just to show and tell our visitors about your scientific research and interests. The aim is to provide the opportunity and a platform for passionate people (like you!) to showcase your work and interact with our visitors – to "show and tell" the science you have learned in the realisation of your project(s) and interests.
If you and/or your group wish to offer a session, please submit the following information via email at least three (3) weeks before your proposed date:
- Your name(s) in full
- Your designation(s)
- Your organisation / institution / agency / school
- Your address(es) and contact(s): email+mobile (preferred)
- Your proposed date(s) and time(s) for the session(s) - weekend PM are better
- Details of your project(s) / subject(s) you wish to showcase
Please include the following:
- the title(s) of your project(s)
- your aim(s) – why you wish to do this and at Scientist For A Day
- your method(s) of presentation – how you wish to do it (eg: slides, demos, interactives, etc)
- your procedure(s) and equipment - especially if doing a demo or conducting interactive activities
- your presentation – a preview (if possible), include any photos, etc
The intellectual property rights and confidentiality of all your submissions will be respected.
Your proposal will be studied for relevance, safety, etc.
If approved, we shall make every attempt to allocate you your proposed date and time. However, please note that this may not be possible, sometimes.