Ever wonder how planes fly? Learn about the science of flight through exciting experiments using simple materials. Put your knowledge to the test: design your own aircraft from scratch, in whichever way you want it, using a computer game called SimplePlanes, then test to see if it really flies!
- Describe the ways in which forces may change the motion of an aircraft (thrust, lift, drag, weight).
- Describe how lift is produced in terms of action-reaction force pairs.
- Show understanding that the weight of an aeroplane may be taken as acting at a single point known as its centre of gravity.
- Explain the effects of friction (air resistance) to the motion of an aircraft.
- Design, build and safely land an aircraft.
|Delivery Type ||Hands-On Workshop |
|Level ||P4, P5, P6, S1, S2, S3 |
|Number of Pax ||20 to 40|
|Duration ||2.00 hours |
|Timing ||9.30am, 2.30pm|