Welcome to the DNA Learning Laboratory!
Students and public can now engage in unraveling the secrets of life at the DNA Learning Lab at Science Centre Singapore. This facility allows students (primary to pre-university levels) and public to keep pace with the DNA revolution and advances in the life sciences. So come along, learn and enjoy the experience!
Workshop fees indicated are for school bookings only
In addition to the DNA lab programmes offered at Science Centre Singapore, schools can also embark on the Amgen Biotech Experience offered by the DNA lab, in partnership with Amgen. For more information, visit our Amgen Biotech Experience for Beginners, Intermediate or Advanced pages.
- Private school, Overseas school and Corporate group bookings
The listed course fees apply only to local MOE schools. Private schools, Overseas schools and all Corporate groups (including locally based corporate groups) can contact Marketing to place their bookings. Kindly note that an additional charge applies per pax on top of the listed course fees, as well as admission rates.
|Description:||Proteins are the most abundant biological macromolecules. They exist in varied amounts in our body and in a myriad of products we encounter daily. Is it true that eating lots of proteins will give you more muscles? Learn the importance of proteins in our diet and discover the chemical techniques that determine its presence in our food. As you investigate the proteins in your food, find out how different proteins perform specialised functions in the body.|
|Objectives:||1. Learn micropipetting techniques.|
2. Perform an experiment to identify the presence of proteins in unknown samples.
3. Compare the differences between Bradford test and Biuret test.
4. Predict the presence of proteins in unknown samples and verify the predictions.
5. Investigate the function of proteins as biological enzymes through amylase-starch reaction.
6. Learn to critically review information and ensure their scientific accuracy.
7. Learn to make scientifically informed decisions on dietary choices.
|Mode of Delivery:||Practical lab session|
|Target Audience:||Secondary 1 to Secondary 2 (Beginner)|
|Group size:||20 minimum, 40 maximum|
|Time:||9.30am or 2.30pm |
|Course Fee:||$7.00 (Admission fee to Science Centre applies to non-member international schools based in Singapore)|