|Description:||A trace is left in every crime scene but do they always lead to the right criminal? A double murder has been committed and a prime suspect has been identified. However, was he the one who committed the murders? Join us in this exciting roller coaster journey to uncover the truth of a real life story and learn how contradicting evidence can complicate a crime.|
|Objectives:||1. Learn about different types of forensic techniques used.|
2. Learn about the structure of DNA and its importance.
3. Learn micropipetting techniques.
4. Learn the importance of preventing evidence cross-contamination.
5. Understand how DNA is analysed through a technique known as agarose gel electrophoresis.
6. Learn how to interpret DNA analysis results and identify the possible criminal.
|Mode of Delivery:||Practical lab session|
|Target Audience:||Secondary 1 to Secondary 2 (Beginner)|
|Group size:||20 minimum, 40 maximum|
|Time:||9.30am or 2.30pm|
|Course Fee:||$7.00 (Admission fee to Science Centre applies to non-member international schools based in Singapore)|
How to book 2019 programmes
Private school, Overseas school and Corporate group bookings
The listed course fees apply only to local MOE schools. Private schools, Overseas schools and all Corporate groups (including locally based corporate groups) can contact Corporate Sales to place their bookings. Kindly note that an additional charge applies per pax on top of the listed course fees, as well as admission rates.