Do you know that there are thousands of chemicals in our human body? Every minute there are chemical reactions taking place within us! Our growth, our senses, and even our intelligence are very much linked to these chemical reactions. Come and be a part of this exciting laboratory session, where you carry out experiments to investigate the chemical properties of body fluids and parts, such as the hair, blood, bone, and other things that makeup who you are.
- Describe tests to identify the following anions: chloride (by the reaction of an aqueous solution with nitric acid and aqueous silver nitrate).
- Describe tests to identify the following gases: ammonia (using damp litmus paper).
- Explain the link between inadequate/excessive intake of nutrients and common health problems e.g. diabetes.
- State the role of blood in transport and defence.
- List the different ABO blood groups and all possible combinations for the donor and recipient in blood transfusions.
|Delivery Type ||Hands-On Workshop |
|Level ||S1, S2, S3 |
|Number of Pax ||20 to 40|
|Duration ||1.50 hours |
|Timing ||9.30am, 2.30pm|