10-13 July 2018, 2.30pm to 5.30pm
Science Centre Singapore
It's time to Jam with technology. Caltex Fuel Your School - Tech Jam aims to introduce school children from Primary 5 to Secondary 3 to robotics, app design, e-waste and innovative sustainability through a fun hands-on workshop.
Students will work in groups to use a blended learning approach to take apart e-waste, extract usable parts and transform them into a robot to be controlled by the BBC Microbit.
Students will also design an app to control the robot.
- BBC Microbit
- Tablet with Andee app
- Assorted craft materials
- Access to consumables and shared tools
- “Wake-up”: enables an individual to wake up another remotely
- “Sweeper”: tasked to sweep the floor
- “Feed me”: enables plants to let you know when they require water
- Open category: Students may opt to earn extra points in creativity by designing their own fit-for-purpose robot using e-waste
- Amount of Recyclable Repurposed
Students who show an aptitude and interest during Caltex Fuel Your School - Tech Jam 2018 will be invited to Science Centre Singapore to take part in a Hackathon come November 2018.
Complimentary transport to Science Centre Singapore is provided.
2:30 - Arrival of Students, Briefing
2:45 - Challenge
- Part A: Self-Learning of Skills (45 mins)
- Part A1: Taking Apart E-waste
- Part A2: Robotics and Automation
- Part B: Innovation and Design (45 mins)
4:15 - Judging, Clean-Up
4:30 - Wrap up
5:00 - 5:30 - End of event
| Capacity|| Up to 80 Students per School|
| Registration|| To find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org|