|Description:||An outbreak has occurred and patients have been sent to the hospital with nausea and diarrhoea. Join us as we take on the role of an epidemiologist to identify the cause of the outbreak and the source. Can we stop the spread of the outbreak?|
|Objectives:||1. Understand what outbreaks are.|
2. Learn the basic steps taken to investigate a case of food poisoning outbreak.
3. Understand the possible causes of food poisoning outbreaks and how to prevent them through proper hygiene.
4. Learn micropipetting techniques.
5. Learn the basic technique of culturing bacteria.
6. Identify the basic shapes of bacteria.
|Mode of Delivery:||Practical lab session|
|Target Audience:||Primary 5 & Primary 6 |
|Group size:||20 minimum, 40 maximum|
|Time:||9.30am or 2.30pm|
|Course Fee:||$7.00 (Admission fee to Science Centre applies to non-member international schools based in Singapore) |
Private school, Overseas school and Corporate group bookings
The listed course fees apply only to local MOE schools. Private schools, Overseas schools and all Corporate groups (including locally based corporate groups) can contact Corporate Sales to place their bookings. Kindly note that an additional charge applies per pax on top of the listed course fees, as well as admission rates.