|Description:||Abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhoea and vomiting… More patients are turning up at the hospital with similar symptoms. It seems like a case of foodborne outbreak. What is the source of the outbreak? Which type of bacteria is causing the outbreak? Take on the role of a medical investigator and help us in this race against time to solve the outbreak before more people are infected!|
1. Understand how bacteria can affect our lives in both positive and negative ways.
2. Identification of bacteria through its shapes and arrangements.
3. Learn micropipetting techniques.
4. Learn how to grow bacteria via plating.
5. Learn about antibiotics, how they came about and how antibiotic resistance affects our lives.
|Mode of Delivery:||Practical lab session|
|Target Audience:||Secondary 1 to Secondary 2 (Beginner)|
|Group size:||20 minimum, 40 maximum|
|Time:||9.30am or 2.30pm|
|Course Fee:||$7.00 (Admission fee to Science Centre applies to non-member international schools based in Singapore)|
How to book 2019 programmes
Private school, Overseas school and Corporate group bookings
The listed course fees apply only to local MOE schools. Private schools, Overseas schools and all Corporate groups (including locally based corporate groups) can contact Corporate Sales to place their bookings. Kindly note that an additional charge applies per pax on top of the listed course fees, as well as admission rates.