Experience fantastic colour changes, puffs, flames, bangs, and many more amazing chemistry tricks in this lecture-demonstration. Enjoy an intriguing and entertaining spectacle while learning about the fascinating chemistry principles behind each phenomenon!
- Identify a change which leads to the formation of new product(s) as a chemical change.
- Show an awareness that there are different types of chemical reactions, such as combustion and neutralisation.
- Use word equations to represent chemical reactions.
- Show an awareness that chemical reactions involve a rearrangement of atoms, which are not created or destroyed.
- Infer that mass is conserved during a chemical reaction.
- Investigate the changes that matter (i.e element, compound or mixture) undergoes through:
- Investigate the following chemical reactions/changes:
- Effect of acidic, alkaline, and neutral solutions on indicators.
- Reactions between acids and alkalis.
- Show an awareness of how chemical reactions can benefit our lives (e.g. cooking) and cause harm to our health and environment (e.g. burning).
|Delivery Type ||Hands-On Workshop |
|Level ||S1, S2, S3, S4, S5 |
|Number of Pax ||80 to 240|
|Duration ||1.5 hours |
|Timing ||9.30am, 2.30pm|
|Fees ||$0 |