Singapore Academy of
Young Engineers & Scientists
The Singapore Academy of Young Engineers and Scientists (SAYES) is an initiative for youth by the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) and the Science Centre Singapore. Academy members will be able to:
Further their interest and develop their knowledge in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
Apply their knowledge and abilities for the benefit of their schools and the community.
Equip themselves with professional skills for the current and future workplace.
Find out more about career paths in STEM.
Track and document their scientific achievements.
Build friendships with fellow like-minded students.
SAYES is a science academy for students, by students. It runs year-round programmes for members to keep them abreast of developments in science and provide opportunities to explore STEM topics through peer learning, project work and mentoring. Through this broad spectrum of programmes and activities, youth get the opportunity to develop and express their creativity, leadership, entrepreneurship and problem solving skills.
International collaboration that SAYES members have participated in:
You can also find out more about SAYES at its Facebook page.
To be eligible to join SAYES, you need to
- attend secondary school or above (even up to undergraduate and postgraduate level)
- have participated in at least one of the following:
- Primary Science Club (earned at least 2 Young Scientist badges)
- Questa club scheme
- Science-based competition (Science Buskers, NJRC,SSEF, Singapore Amazing Flying Machine, A*STAR Talent Search, etc)
- Science Centre volunteer programme (minimum 30 hours)
- New Science Clubs Initiative
How to join
Download the application form, complete it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to:
Singapore Academy of Young Engineers & Scientists
Science Centre Singapore
15 Science Centre Road
An initiative by: