Planning a Visit to the Science Centre
The Science Centre conducts a series of science enrichment programmes for students throughout the year. The Science Enrichment Programmes provide opportunities for students to learn science beyond the confines of the classroom, in a fun and enjoyable way. The programmes are specially designed to connect what teachers are required to teach in the classroom and aim to complement and support the school's science and mathematics curricula.
Please Note: Science Centre will give priority to MOE schools when scheduling enrichment programmes. Our staff will endeavour to respond to any booking requests within five working days.
What you need to do?
- Choose the programmes that you would like your students to attend. Download the pdf version (5.9 MB) of the Enrichment Booklet or browse the programmes on the website.
- You can book the programmes using the Online Booking System. Click here to access it.
- Complete and print out the booking form and send it to us by fax or post before the closing date for each school term. Remember to use a separate booking form for each school term. (Photocopied booking forms are acceptable)
- All booking will be acknowledged. You may call us if you are in doubt about your bookings.
- If you have to cancel your visit, please notify us in advance via a call at 6425 2525/6 or email email@example.com so that we can offer your place to another school.
- We welcome you to make a preliminary visit, familiarise yourself and able to better prepare your students for the learning journey.
- You may call us or email us if you require help in planning your visit.
- Admission fee to Science Centre applies to Non-Institutional School Members.
Things to note before you come for our programmes
- Please ensure that you have a valid institutional pass to enjoy membership priviledges.
- Please bring along your sweater or jacket, as it may be quite cold in the classroom.
- Please be reminded to have your meal before the lesson starts, as there will be no break provided during the lesson.
- Please remember to bring along extra clothing if you are visiting the WaterWorks Exhibition.
- Please do remember to bring along your water bottle when coming for our outdoor activities in the Ecogarden. A cold-water dispencer is located at the Ecolab.
Arrival at the Science Centre
- Please be at the Science Centre at least 15 minutes prior to your schedules programme.
- Upon arrival, please proceed to the ticketing counter with your school's member pass (if applicable) and confirmation letter, as well as payment, if applicable (see below).
- Our Visitor Service staff will print out the invoice (if applicable) as well as admission tickets for you before you proceed to the Turnstile.
- Upon admission, our staff will show you and your students the way to the respective labs or auditoriums.
- Payment for the classes should be made at the Ticketing Counter.
- Payment by cash is accepted, but to avoid any inconvenience and hassle, teachers are strongly encouraged to accurately count the students and collect the cash inclusive of any entrance fees before proceeding to the Ticketing Counter.
- Schools can opt to pay via invoice. Teachers will simply fill up a billing form at the Ticketing Counter. Teachers are strongly encouraged to accurately count the students before signing the billing form.
- Schools will be billed according to the number of students recorded in the form and NO CHANGES will be allowed.