The National Science Challenge 2018
This year marks the 15th anniversary of the National Science Challenge (NSC). Since Jan 2002, the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) and the Singapore Science Centre have been organising a series of exciting science programmes on a search for the brightest young minds in Singapore. The NSC aims to spark an interest in science amongst students as well as members of public.
Click here to view the e-briefing for schools.
Who can participate?
- Schools can send a team of four Secondary 3 students (aged 15, born in 2003 for IP Schools).
- Students must currently be in Secondary 3 or aged 15.
How to Register?
Register online here by 3 May 2018.
Details of Qualifying Round
Date & Time: 18 May 2018, Friday
Venue: Matrix, Biopolis
- The qualifying round involves two parts. Participants sit for the Pre-Qualifying Round which consists of 40 MCQ quiz on all aspects of Science, to be completed in 60 minutes.
- 50% of the schools from the Pre-Qualifying Round will then proceed to the next part - the Demo Round which is a hands-on challenge.
- Both the Pre-Qualifying Round and the Demo Round will be held on the same day.
- If the team progresses to the televised rounds & Finals, all 4 members of the team must be available for filming at the studio and all other round and Imaging sessions, currently scheduled from July to September 2018.
For any queries, please feel free to contact Ms Sue Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org or DID: 6425-2594.
Click here to catch the National Science Challenge 2017 episodes!
About the National Science Challenge
Are you game enough for science? Enter the National Science Challenge (NSC) and show off your knowledge and skills!
A highly competitive televised game show that is broadcasted on MediaCorp Channel 5, the NSC provides secondary three students a chance to put their skills and knowledge to the test during studio rounds and at on-site challenges hosted by A*STAR research institutes and other research organisations.
Click here to watch past episodes.
Brought to you by: