Science Buskers Festival 2017
Come join us in Science Buskers Festival 2017!
It is a festival that encompasses the idea of developing the individual's communication skills through expressions of science in creative manners. Organized as a competition, this event serves as an excellent platform to spread key messages relating to the importance of inspiring an interest in science. During the competition, contestants will do a "show-and-tell" on any science topic, and judging will be based on audiences' votes and judges' scores.
What is Science Busking?
Science Busking is an effective way of communicating science.
Science Busking takes live demonstrations and interpretations to people.
Science Busking is very live, very interactive, and can be very rewarding!
Who and how to participate?
If you are aged between 7 to 70
You can participate as an individual or as team with no more than 3 members.
We will be having a briefing session for Science Buskers Festival 2017 on 22 February 2017 at Science Centre Singapore.
This year, we have invited our Science Buskers Champion from 2016 to showcase a performance as well as to share some tips on Science busking.
If you are not sure how science busking is done, come down for the workshop on either 6 or 13 April 2017 at Science Centre Singapore and see how it is done! Workshop spaces are limited to 15 per school and are on a first-come-first-served basis. Please return the attached rely slip to us by email/fax by 30 March 2017.
How to register?
You can register by submitting the completed registration forms
for each event. Please note the deadline of registration.
The main categories are:
Tertiary / Open
Back To Top
||Science Communication |
- Explanations of demonstrations shown must be scientifically accurate, and use scientifically precise and correct language without overwhelming the audience with jargon.
- Ability to explain science concepts in everyday language without compromising on the science accuracy.
- Ability to engage, interest and excite the audience.
- How much ‘wow’ factor in the busking.
- Ability to make the audience feel inspired and walk away with the feeling that they have learnt something.
||Setup, Costume, Overall look and feel|
- Creative and innovative ways of showcasing demonstrations.
- Blending of the look & feel with the science concepts presented.
- Creative booth design concepts.
You could win:
The top three winners of each category in the Science Buskers Festival will be awarded both cash prizes and a one-year renewable Science Buskers Festival Artist Engagement where they will be engaged by Science Centre Singapore to perform on a per need basis.
|Champion (from each category)
|1st Runner Up (from each category)
|2nd Runner Up (from each category)
|Best Costume Award
|Judges' Award (up to 3 prizes)
Final Round Winners
Click here to see the Final Round Winners of Science Buskers Festival 2016.
Back To Top