Science Buskers Festival 2016
Science Buskers Festival 2016 Final Round would be held on 16 and 17 July 2016 (Sat and Sun) at Vivo City, Level 1. In this round, contestants will be busking for the public vote! Like us on www.facbook.com/singaporesciencefest
for the events update.
Come join us in Science Buskers Festival 2016!
It is a festival that encompasses the idea of developing the individual's communication skills through expressions of science in creative manners. Organized as a competition, this event serves as an excellent platform to spread key messages relating to the importance of inspiring an interest in science. During the competition, contestants will do a "show-and-tell" on any science topic, and judging will be based on audiences' votes and judges' scores.
What is Science Busking?
Science Busking is an effective way of communicating science.
Science Busking takes live demonstrations and interpretations to people.
Science Busking is very live, very interactive, and can be very rewarding!
Who and how to participate?
If you are aged between 7 to 70
You can participate as an individual or as team with no more than 3 members.
We will be having a briefing session for Science Buskers Festival 2016 on 19 February 2016 at Science Centre Singapore. During the briefing, we will be sharing how the competition will be this year, and past judges will be sharing on tips of how to improve your performance!
If you are not sure how science busking is done, come down for the workshop on either 7 or 8 April 2016 at Science Centre Singapore and see how it is done! Workshop spaces are limited to 6 per school and are on a first-come-first-served basis.
You can find the registration forms for each event here
. Please note the deadline of registration.
The main categories are:
Tertiary / Open
||Science Communication |
- Explanations of demonstrations shown must be scientifically accurate, and use scientifically precise and correct language without overwhelming the audience with jargon.
- Ability to explain science concepts in everyday language without compromising on the science accuracy.
- Ability to engage, interest and excite the audience.
- How much ‘wow’ factor in the busking.
- Ability to make the audience feel inspired and walk away with the feeling that they have learnt something.
||Setup, Costume, Overall look and feel|
- Creative and innovative ways of showcasing demonstrations.
- Blending of the look & feel with the science concepts presented.
- Creative booth design concepts.
You could win:
The top three winners of each category in the Science Buskers Festival will be awarded both cash prizes and a one-year renewable Science Buskers Festival Artist Engagement where they will be engaged by Science Centre Singapore to perform on a per need basis.
|Champion (from each category)
|1st Runner Up (from each category)
|2nd Runner Up (from each category)
|Best Costume Award
|Judges' Award (up to 3 prizes)
Back To Top