Click here to visit the dedicated MakerFaire Singapore website for updated information on MakerFaire events!
The Maker summit will open the extravaganza on 20 Jul 2017 and aims to explore the different facets of the Maker movement and its role in shaping Education, Entrepreneurship and community.
- Date: 20 July 2017
- Time: 10am to 1pm
- Venue: Science Centre Singapore
- Makers as an international community with many facets
- Maker movement as shaping Education and future learners
- Maker movement as a cornerstone in developing a healthy startup culture
- Building the community through the maker movement – local and international perspectives
- Dale Dougherty, Founder, Make Media
- Rajiv Mongia, Director, Technology Outreach Programmes, Intel Corporation
- Assistant Professor Lim Tit Meng, Chief Executive, Science Centre Singapore
- Khoong Hock Yun, ACE, IMDA
- Veera Swaminathan, Founder, Sustainable Living Lab
- Marie Levrault and Lucas Graffan, Maker Tour
10am to 12.30pm Science Centre, Maxwell Auditorium
- 10am: Opening and intro to Maker movement in SG
- 10.15 am: Short speeches by panellists (15 min each)
- 11.45 am: Panel discussion and questions
- 12.30 pm: Reception and close
Click here to Register! (Maker Summit)
The Maker Conference aims to share best practices in the different aspects of the maker movement. What are the signals coming out of the Maker Movement that will shape the coming economy, local communities, education, government policy and initiatives? How is the Movement stimulating talent development, opportunity and agency? These are some of the questions that will be discussed in the conference.
- Date: 20 Jul 2017, Time: 2pm to 5pm
- Date: 21 Jul 2017, Time: 10am to 5pm
Call for Speakers/ Workshops
Are you a Maker, Hacker, Educator, Engineer, Crafter who has been working on the maker movement? We would like to hear from you for the Maker Conference 2017.
- Venue Science Centre Singapore
- Speakers fee: Free
Attend the Maker conference to learn about the best practices in Maker Education, getting started with the maker movement and more!
Attendees Fee: $200 (includes 2 day admission to Science Centre Singapore, lunch, T-Shirt and one day pass to Maker Faire Singapore on 22 Jul 2017). The Maker Conference aims to share best practices in the different aspects of the maker movement.
Topics: Making in Education; Getting Started with Making for Business; Making for the Early Childhood Years; Developing a Community of Makers; Sharing a tool for makers; Others.
Click here to Register! (Maker Conference)
Maker Faire Singapore is the largest DIY and technology event in Singapore with over 300 booths featuring hands on activities, projects and tools that introduce visitors to Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths (STEAM).
- Date: 22 Jul 2017, Time: 10am to 8pm
- Date: 23 Jul 2017, Time: 10am to 6pm
Showcases will be divided into five zones:
- Young Makers zone – project showcases from schools and young makers
- Craft zone – handicrafts such as origami, quilting, sewing, yarn bombing and polymer clay
- Maker Culture zone – combination of Arts and Science
- Early Childhood zone – Activities and opportunities for kids nine and below to explore making and tinkering
- Technology zone – Showcases tech projects and tools by hobbyists, tech companies and start-ups, and vendors.
Tickets at $8.50 per visitor. Save $2 when you register online!
Show proof of purchase at the Information Counters onsite to get a wristband for admission.
Click here for more details (Maker Faire Singapore).
There will be many workshops happening at the Faire. Online registration for these workshops are open.
Back to Top