Global Children's Designathon
The Global Children’s Designathon is a design thinking process especially developed for children to work on global and sustainability issues. Developed by Designathon Works from Amsterdam, children develop their own ideas and build prototypes using new technologies to solve real-world problems affecting the environment and society.
Through the Designathon methodology children will develop:
- 21st century skills: critical thinking & problem solving, creativity & innovation, communication & collaboration, empathy and digital literacy
- More enthusiasm around using their own creativity The basic skills where they move from consumers of technology to producers of technology
The Global Children’s Designathon 2017 will be held on 11 November 2017 where over 400 children from cities such as Singapore, Tel Aviv, Nairobi, London, Amsterdam and Vancouver will work through the steps of the designathon process: inspire, research, ideate, sketch, make and present.
The Singapore edition of the Global Children’s Designathon will include the use of digital making with micro:bits to the challenge! Children are encouraged to make, tinker and ignite their creativity with technology!
|Global Children's Designathon|
|Dates and Time:
||10 Nov 2017: 3.00pm to 6.00pm, Friday |
Digital Maker Workshop
11 Nov 2017: 9.30am to 5.00pm, Saturday
||Kids (9-12 years old)|
||Science Centre Singapore|
What will your child do at the Designathon?
- Be introduced to digital making and learn how to code the micro:bit and connect it to a range of sensors
- Go through a unique design thinking process for children
Form groups to develop ideas and solutions to solve global and sustainability issues in society
- Design a prototype using recycled materials and maker kits to solve real world problems
- Build a digital prototype enhanced with micro:bits and sensors
Present prototypes to peers and parents
||S$10* per participant|
*Programme pricing stated excludes 7% GST.
Registration and payment
Closing date for registration and payment: 23 Oct 2017
Information on Science Centre Singapore and admission
Information on admission to Science Centre (For non members): http://goo.gl/Nufvq
Contact us for enquiries at:
Contact person: Ms Fatin
Back to Top